US: Miller targets Hispanic market
Miller Brewing Co, has sealed its largest ever deal to target the Hispanic market. The brewer has signed a three-year, US$100m deal with Hispanic broadcaster Univision Communications Inc., covering advertising, marketing, sponsorship, brand integration and more.
The deal covers sports, entertainment, music and public service announcements on broadcast nets Univision and TeleFutura, their owned TV stations, cable network Galavision, radio networks and stations, and the Univision.com website.
In a statement, Miller said it "must begin to more effectively attract Hispanic beer drinkers."
The agreement includes exclusive Miller placement in World Cup coverage. It will also sponsor 200 Mexican soccer league games, including getting its name on the game clock. For boxing, it will get exclusive sponsorship, on-site signage, branded programming and more.
On the entertainment side, Miller will be the exclusive beer sponsor of prime time novellas and of a series of music specials.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board