US: Miller targets health venues with low calorie extension
Miller Brewing Co. will roll out a 64-calorie beer as an extension to its MGD Light beer brand throughout the Midwest in the US this month.
The brewer said on Friday (29 February) that MGD 64, which is currently being tested in Arizona, San Diego and Sacramento, will be available in multiple bottle and can packages.
MGD marketing director Grant Leech said: "MGD 64 is a sensible choice for consumers working hard to keep up with the pace of their life. Whether they are out with a group of friends or taking a break at the end of the day, MGD 64 provides all of the great beer aroma and flavour consumers want but with about 35% fewer calories than the typical light beer."
The roll-out will be supported by activities that will aim at "reaching consumers in some places that they may not expect" such as "spas and health clubs," the company said.
Leech added: "Differences such as those between MGD 64 and competitive light beers and other alcohol beverages add up pretty quickly."
Last week, the UK government published a consultation document which many believe to be the prelude to tighter legislation on alcoholic drinks. In this month's Just the Answer interview, Jeremy Beadle...
Vodka is soon to take over from Scotch whisky as the most consumed spirit in the UK. But Chris Losh sees its success as a triumph of marketing over substance, and wonders whether consumer interest can...
The 61st World Health Assembly published its resolution on "Strategies to reduce the harmful use of alcohol" last month. Ben Cooper examines the resolution and the response from public health agencies...
Scotch Whisky companies are meeting the highest standards of responsible brand marketing and promotion according to a recent audit....
Halewood International is to alter the packaging of its vodka-based Red Square Reloaded in the UK, to make it clear the drink contains alcohol....
A leading Spanish winemaker has launched what it claims is the country's lowest alcohol wine....
Southern Wine & Spirits of America, the leading US wine and spirits distributor, has agreed to form a new national distribution venture with one of the country's largest wholesalers, Glazer's Distribu...
Central European Distribution Corporation has posted a healthy lift in both sales and profits for the first half of this year....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research