US: Miller strikes third union deal
Workers at Miller Brewing's plant in California have secured new contacts that will see their pay increase and a cut in employee healthcare contributions.
Members of the Teamster union at the site in Irwindale, California, voted to accept the deal yesterday (30 July). The agreement follows similar deals between Miller and its employees at breweries in Texas and North Carolina earlier this month.
"We won two good contracts earlier this month, and now we have the third and final one," said Jack Cipriani, Teamsters Brewery and Soft Drink Workers Conference director.
"All of our members at SABMiller will have secure jobs and access to affordable healthcare for the next three years."
Workers for Miller had been locked in a dispute with the brewer over healthcare with employees threatening strike action if their demands were not met.
Beer sales in Slovakia slid last year, according to recent figures....
Anheuser-Busch has stayed silent on reports in India that it has decided on a local venture partner in the fast-growing beer market....
South African Breweries is seeking a meeting with the country's competition watchdog next month to hold talks on allegations that it has broken competition rules on distribution....
SABMiller has said it expects premium-priced beers to account for 15% of sales volumes in its South American markets in five years' time....
SABMiller has unveiled a huge investment in its South American operations....
SABMiller has said this year's performance has been in line with expectations as the brewer heads into the last quarter....
SABMiller India has cooled on its plans to buy local brewer Mt Shivalik, just-drinks has learned. Sources close to the situation have told just-drinks today (16 January) that talks between SABMiller a...
Miller Brewing Co. has appointed a former executive from US conglomerate GE to lead strategy and planning at the US brewer....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets