US: Miller strikes football sponsorship
Miller Brewing has signed a deal to sponsor the CONCACAF Gold Cup, a football tournament between nations in North and Central America and the Caribbean.
The deal will see Miller Lite become the exclusive beer sponsor for the event, which is set to take place in the US in June. The tie-up follows Miller's football marketing campaign last year, which the brewer dubbed 'Pasión 10'.
Dave Dixon, Miller's senior director of Hispanic marketing, said yesterday (22 January): "Miller Lite's alliance with the Gold Cup is one of our most critical partnerships. The 2007 Gold Cup allows us to interact with one of Miller Lite's most important audiences, legal-drinking-age Hispanic consumers."
Financial details of the agreement were not disclosed.
Miller Brewing Company has announced that its Hispanic agency of record for its Miller Lite brand will be Lopez Negrete....
Foster's Group and Miller Brewing Company plan to enter into a ten-year license-brewing partnership for Foster's in the US....
Miller Brewing is rolling out a new beer across the US in an attempt to capitalise on the "Latinisation" of the country's culture....
SABMiller's North American unit is targeting a turnaround of its Miller Lite brand in the region....
As part of its sponsorship of the CONCACAF Gold Cup soccer tournament, taking place in the US this summer, a new Hispanic website has been launched for the Miller Lite brand....
One of SABMiller's directors has stepped down....
Miller Brewing refused to be drawn on the details surrounding the resolution of a long-running legal dispute with Canadian brewer Molson....
Miller Brewing has launched a fresh US television campaign that promotes flagship brand Miller Lite as "better beer"....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Stagnant wine growth a concern for Constellation
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne's So Sauternes
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads