US: Miller stretches Indy 500 sponsorship deal
Miller Brewing has extended its sponsorship deal with Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
The US brewer said yesterday (23 May) that it had agreed a four-year extension with the venue to be its Official Malt Beverage sponsor until 2009. The deal will now cover IMS' 100th anniversary in 2009.
"Indianapolis Motor Speedway is an icon in American motorsports, attracting hundreds of thousands of fans each year, with millions more watching on TV," said Tom Long, Miller's chief marketing officer. "We'll aggressively leverage this sponsorship to ensure that whenever legal-drinking-age consumers think of Indy, they'll also think of Miller Lite."
IMS is the venue for the 'Allstate 400 at the Brickyard' race, as well as the legendary Indianapolis 500.
In addition to signage, advertising, promotions and hospitality, Miller's alliance with IMS will continue to feature the Miller Lite Party Deck during the two races, giving up to 300 people a view of the race from the fourth turn.
"We're pleased to extend our long-running partnership with Miller," said IMS president and COO, Joie Chitwood. "It provides us with a strong, long-term platform from which we will continue to promote our events at the Speedway and increase our loyal fans' strong allegiance to Miller brands."
The Indianapolis 500 will take place this Sunday, with the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard scheduled for Sunday 6 August.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Soft Drinks Has The Bottle to Cut Sugar - Comment
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research