US: Miller Lite Hispanic website launched
As part of its sponsorship of the CONCACAF Gold Cup soccer tournament, taking place in the US this summer, a new Hispanic website has been launched for the Miller Lite brand.
MillerLiteLatino.com will be the brand's online hub and will house all future Miller Lite Hispanic promotions, interactive content, product information and advertising, Miller Brewing stated.
Also with the Hispanic market in mind, Miller Lite has developed a special online game called Mission: Fútbol, and will promote this through a strategic alliance with Yahoo! Telemundo. From May through July, the brand will provide content and have an advertising presence on the Yahoo! Telemundo Juegos and Yahoo! Games sites, as well as on Yahoo! Telemundo's Copa de Oro mini-site.
"This new site and interactive content links directly to the theme for many of Miller Lite's Gold Cup programme initiatives - United with Passion (Unidos con Pasión)," said Dave Dixon, Miller's senior director of Hispanic marketing. "The Yahoo! Telemundo alliance is a natural fit for this programme as it will quickly bring together fans from throughout North and Central America, the Caribbean and the US, providing the ideal springboard for the rest of our Gold Cup activities."
Online gaming is growing in popularity among US Hispanics, according to Yahoo! Telemundo. "Consumers can spend anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours playing online - that's a long time to be interacting with a brand," said Adam Chandler, executive director, US sales, Yahoo! Telemundo. "This is a very forward thinking programme in the branded entertainment space and takes online advertising to the next level of engagement."
SABMiller has posted a healthy lift in sales and profits for the first half of its fiscal year, but has warned of a "more challenging environment" going forward....
SABMiller has confirmed that it will launch its Miller Chill beer brand in Australia....
The Boston Beer Company has entered into a deal with Miller Brewing Co. to continue brewing at its Eden brewery in North Carolina....
Packaging giant Ball Corporation has announced that its subsidiary Ball Metal Beverage Container Corp. (BMBCC) has settled its dispute with Miller Brewing over an alleged breach of contract....
Miller Brewing and the American Motorcyclist Association have partnered to promote a safe motorcycle riding practises and responsible alcohol consumption campaign across the US....
US beer group Miller Brewing Company is collaborating with the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) in a new motorbike safety initiative called Keep Your Balance....
The Beer Institute has lobbied the US government to the tune of US$310,000 in H1, according to a disclosure form....
Miller Brewing Company has released details of its national and local sponsorship deals covering American football in the US....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman Q1 2017 results - Preview
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- ASA bans Diageo's Captain Morgan UK ad
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review