US: Miller extends link with Cowboys to 2020
US brewer Miller Brewing has announced a sponsorship deal with the Dallas Cowboys, giving the Miller Lite brand exclusive sponsorship rights with the football club through to the 2020 season.
The deal, the financial terms of which were not disclosed, continues an existing relationship between Miller Lite and the Cowboys, dating back to 1990.
The package includes beer category exclusivity with the team; TV, radio and print advertising through the team's media partnerships; the use of the Cowboys' team logo and other marks on packaging and point-of-sale; and in-stadium activation such as Miller Lite-branded clubs, plazas, consumer zones, beer gardens and VIP areas.
"The Dallas Cowboys are one of the premier organisations in all of sports, and they're on the verge of moving into an incredible new stadium," said Tom Long, Miller's president and CEO. "We are thrilled to continue Miller Lite's long-standing partnership with the team and to be a part of the next great era in Cowboys football. Whether fans are in stores picking up a six-pack of the 'ultimate light beer,' in bars watching the game or in the stadium cheering on the team in person, Miller Lite will be there to make their Cowboys experience even better."
Miller Lite has unveiled an extensive marketing plan to mark the Cowboys' final season in Texas Stadium this autumn. With the tagline "You Could Take Home History", the programme includes weekly giveaways of items such as game tickets, team merchandise and stadium collectibles; commemorative packaging; point-of-sale highlighting great moments in Texas Stadium history; and TV, radio, print, out-of-home and digital advertising.
MillerCoors has selected the location for its new headquarters in the city of Chicago....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends