US: Miller drops part of lawsuit against AB
Miller Brewing has dropped part of its legal complaint against Anheuser-Busch. Miller's lawsuit against AB was filed on 26 May, and htough Miller has dropped one part, it intends to proceed with the remaining issues.
In the original lawsuit, Miller took issue with an AB print advertisement touting Bud Light as "The King of Beers" and referring to Miller Lite as "The Queen of Carbs."
"We are removing from the complaint the queen of carbs issue, which was scheduled for a preliminary injunction hearing on 29 June," Miller Brewing spokesman Scott Bussen said yesterday.
Bussen added, however, that the other issues coming out of the original lawsuit will continue on the schedule the court determines.
Miller Brewing has also claimed that AB's distributors have been placing AB stickers on Miller Lite cases, cans, bottles and advertising displays. AB has said that placing stickers on a competitor's packaging is against company policy.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Anheuser-Busch has reiterated its 2005 earnings per share outlook....
Anheuser-Busch is the latest US drinks company to be hit by industrial action....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
Anheuser-Busch has increased its economic interest in China's Tsingtao to 27% upon its conversion of all the remaining convertible bonds in Tsingtao....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review