US: Miller drops fruit-flavoured malt drink plans
Miller Brewing Co. has ditched plans to launch a fruit-flavoured malt beverage in the US. The company said yesterday (15 August) that testing in Richmond, Virginia, in Tampa, Florida and in Seattle of Brutal Fruit over the last few months had not been popular.
The 5% ABV fruit juice was to have been available in strawberry, mango, litchi and kiwi flavours. Brutal Fruit has been on sale in South Africa, through parent company SABMiller, since 2002.
"We will aggressively look at products that have had success in other parts of the world for SABMiller," Miller spokesman Peter Marino told AP newswires. "But we're going to be very disciplined in what we ask our system to focus on and support."
Last week, rival brewer Anheuser-Busch announced that it will launch a raspberry-flavoured, caffeinated malt beverage, called Tilt. The new drink is expected to be in full distribution in the US by October.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
China Resources Snow Breweries Limited (CR Snow) has entered into an agreement with the Fuyang City government to acquire the assets of the Fuyang City Snowland Brewery Company in Anhui province for U...
Anheuser-Busch has increased its economic interest in China's Tsingtao to 27% upon its conversion of all the remaining convertible bonds in Tsingtao....
Anheuser-Busch has revealed plans to launch a new variant in its Bacardi Silver range....
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research