N AMERICA: Miller Coors targets soccer with Miller Lite CONCACAF tie-up
MillerCoors has confirmed a sponsorship deal for the unit's Miller Lite beer brand with the CONCACAF Gold Cup soccer tournament in North and Latin America.
The company, a joint venture between SABMiller and Molson Coors in the region, said earlier this week that the brand will be the exclusive malt beverage sponsor for the 2011 tournament. Miller Lite also sponsored the 2007 and 2009 events.
At the same time, Miller Lite will also tie up with Mexican soccer team Club Deportivo Guadalajara. The deal with Chivas de Guadalajara, as the team is more commonly known, spans the 2011 to 2014 seasons, within the US territory.
The CONCACAF deal includes rights to use the Gold Cup logo in national and local advertising and marketing materials, as well as packaging; consumer promotion; signage and video features at tournament games; and inclusion in the tournament’s promotional marketing.
Financial details behind both partnerships were not disclosed.
The CONCACAF Gold Cup, which will be played between 5 and 25 June next year, is a 12-team competition that crown’s the regions’ top national team. The 2011 final, marking the 20th anniversary of the event, will be played at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.
SABMiller's CEO, Graham Mackay, has stoked the fire of speculation by forecasting more consolidation in the beer sector, but has he also hinted that Foster's Group is asking for too much money?...
It would appear that SABMiller's troops have been ordered to stand down for the time being. Developments in Australia yesterday (21 March), regarding the brewer's Pacific Beverages joint venture with ...
SABMiller's Colombian division, Bavaria, has set up a US$1.3bn bond and commercial paper programme....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China