US: Miller continues MGD 64 roll-out
Miller Brewing is extending the rollout of the low-cal version of Miller Genuine Draft Light, MGD 64, to a number of new markets in time for the Memorial Day weekend. The main new markets will include Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Seattle, Minneapolis and Portland, the company said yesterday (20 May).
MGD 64 will be available in these markets in multiple bottle and can packages.
"MGD 64 is a sensible choice for consumers working hard to keep up with the pace of their life," said, MGD marketing director Grant Leech. "In cities where MGD 64 has already rolled out, consumers have voiced their opinion that MGD 64 is a perfect fit with their lifestyle choices."
Miller Brewing, part of global brewing force SABMiller, said the expanded roll-out will be supported by marketing activities reaching consumers in unexpected places such as spas and health clubs, as well as print, radio and out-of-home advertising featuring the brand's "As Light As It Gets" tagline.
MGD 64 contains 64 calories and 2.4g of carbohydrates per 12oz serving, and was first launched last summer in Madison, Wis. It is already now widely available throughout the Midwest and West regions.
SABMiller may have seen beer volumes rise by 3% in the first six months of the year but the impact of rising commodity prices, the global economic downturn and the credit crunch have given the brewer ...
SABMiller has said it aims to cut water use at its breweries by a quarter by 2015, as part of its UN commitment to sustainable development....
SABMiller has reported a 4% revenue rise for its first half, but warned of weakening consumer demand in many markets....
Miller Brands UK has appointed Darren Tendler as its sales director....
MillerCoors plans to cut up to 350 jobs over the next six months, as part of a the brewer's cost savings plan....
Molson Coors has reported a 28% rise in net income for its third quarter....
MillerCoors, the US-based brewer jointly owned by SABMiller and Molson Coors, has reported a 15% rise in third quarter net income....
Graham Mackay, the CEO of SABMiller, has been elected to sit on the board of tobacco giant Philip Morris International....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends