USA: Miller Brewing Co. Sells Shipyard
Miller Brewing Co. announced today it has sold its interest in Shipyard Brewing Co., Portland, Maine, back to the company's founders, master brewer Alan Pugsley and Fred Forsley. "We wish Alan and Fred the best of luck in the future," said John Bowlin, Miller's President and CEO. "We valued their partnership and brewing acumen as members of the Miller Brewing Co. family. They expressed an interest in re-acquiring sole ownership of the company they founded and we agreed to the deal." Miller originally acquired its interest in Shipyard in 1995. In a related development, Miller also announced it has acquired 100 percent ownership in the Celis Brewery Inc., Austin, Texas. "The Celis family has voluntarily elected to divest their remaining minority interest in Celis Brewery by selling it to Miller," said Bowlin. "As a result of the sale the Celis family will no longer have an ownership interest in the company." Miller originally acquired its majority interest stake in Celis in 1995. Terms of both deals will not be disclosed. Miller Brewing Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Philip Morris Companies Inc. Principal beer brands include Miller Lite, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Genuine Draft Light, Miller High Life, Miller Beer, Meister Brau and Milwaukee's Best. Primary products from the Plank Road Brewery, a small division of Miller dedicated to brewing distinctive beers for mainstream beer drinkers, include ICEHOUSE and Red Dog. Miller also brews Sharp's, a non-alcohol brew.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages