USA: Miller Brewing Co. Sells Shipyard
Miller Brewing Co. announced today it has sold its interest in Shipyard Brewing Co., Portland, Maine, back to the company's founders, master brewer Alan Pugsley and Fred Forsley. "We wish Alan and Fred the best of luck in the future," said John Bowlin, Miller's President and CEO. "We valued their partnership and brewing acumen as members of the Miller Brewing Co. family. They expressed an interest in re-acquiring sole ownership of the company they founded and we agreed to the deal." Miller originally acquired its interest in Shipyard in 1995. In a related development, Miller also announced it has acquired 100 percent ownership in the Celis Brewery Inc., Austin, Texas. "The Celis family has voluntarily elected to divest their remaining minority interest in Celis Brewery by selling it to Miller," said Bowlin. "As a result of the sale the Celis family will no longer have an ownership interest in the company." Miller originally acquired its majority interest stake in Celis in 1995. Terms of both deals will not be disclosed. Miller Brewing Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Philip Morris Companies Inc. Principal beer brands include Miller Lite, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Genuine Draft Light, Miller High Life, Miller Beer, Meister Brau and Milwaukee's Best. Primary products from the Plank Road Brewery, a small division of Miller dedicated to brewing distinctive beers for mainstream beer drinkers, include ICEHOUSE and Red Dog. Miller also brews Sharp's, a non-alcohol brew.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends