US: Miller Brewing backs motorcycle safety in US
Miller Brewing and the American Motorcyclist Association have partnered to promote a safe motorcycle riding practises and responsible alcohol consumption campaign across the US.
The SABMiller-owned unit said yesterday (27 September) that the joint venture, called Keep Your Balance, will involve server training for retailers, training resources for riders, educational materials, retail involvement and promotion, incentive giveaways, outdoor advertising and prepaid phone cards offering responsible riding tips.
Miller Brewing alcohol responsibility manager Diane Wagner said: "Our goal with Keep Your Balance is to provide motorcycle enthusiasts and local retailers with information about how to reduce irresponsible motorcycle riding, due to over-consumption of alcohol, unsafe riding practises or insufficient training, The riders recognise the need for this type of programme and Miller and the AMA look forward to expanding our reach at several upcoming events."
AMA president and CEO Rob Dingman added: "Training is one of the best things a rider can do for themselves and others on the road. Our aim is to help spread awareness and encourage riders to use good judgment. Educational programs like Keep Your Balance are crucial for decreasing the number of alcohol-related motorcycle crashes occurring today."
A delimited production area is both the main strength and weakness of a wine appellation, a guarantee of quality but a major obstacle to growth. Plans in Champagne, arguably the premier appellation of...
The steep rise in alcohol duties announced in yesterday's Budget, which the Government says will help to tackle binge drinking, follows the publication of its review of the 2005 Licensing Act last wee...
Foster's and Lion Nathan have both announced plans to cease production of RTDs with a high alcohol content and energy additives from their portfolios....
California wine producer Petroni Vineyards is in dispute with the wine consortium which administrates the Brunello di Montalcino denomination of origin in Italy over the use of the name Brunello....
SABMiller has appointed an international brand director for its Grolsch beer brand....
Diageo and Anheuser-Busch have been attacked for "encouraging and sanctioning binge drinking" in the US in the run-up to St. Patrick's Day....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The Beer Institute lobbied the US government to the tune of US$640,000 in 2007, according to a recent disclosure form....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future