Product Launch - UK: Miller Brands' St Stefanus Grand Cru
St Stefanus Grand Cru
Miller Brands' St Stefanus Grand Cru
Category - Beer, speciality ale, 9% abv
Available - From this month
Location - UK, on and off-trade, from The Drink Shop online (www.thedrinkshop.com)
Price - GBP7.25 (US$4.60) for a 75cl bottle
Distribution - Miller Brands UK
Miller Brands has launched Grand Cru to build its 'World Beer' portfolio, according to a company spokesperson.
The beer is "aimed at consumers who are enthusiastic about speciality beer and are looking for different taste experiences without compromising on authenticity, flavour or quality", the spokesperson added.
From November, Miller Brands (UK) Ltd is expanding its portfolio of speciality beers with the launch of St Stefanus Grand Cru, a smooth, well-balanced Belgian Abbey Beer brewed to mature in the bottle, so consumers can choose how they want their beer to taste.
The addition of Grand Cru to Miller Brands’ World Beer portfolio builds on the success of St Stefanus Blonde, an unpasteurised, high fermented 7% ABV Belgian Abbey Beer, introduced last year. New St Stefanus Grand Cru, available in a 75cl bottle, has a 9% ABV and follows the traditional recipe of a ‘tripel’ brew, adding depth and complexity to its taste and aroma.
Sam Rhodes, Director of Customer Marketing at Miller Brands, adds: “There is a rising trend for craft and speciality beers as they provide something unique for the consumer. St Stefanus Grand Cru is aimed at consumers who are enthusiastic about speciality beer and are looking for different taste experiences without compromising on authenticity, flavour or quality.
“By stocking more authentic and quality beers, outlets and retailers can encourage consumers to trade up and maximise profits. Belgian beers in particular offer a good opportunity for trading up and increasing profits as they command an average 59% price premium in the on-trade and 52% in the off trade CGA on trade MAT 11/6/11 & Nielsen off trade MAT to 6/8/11 over the average bottled lager.”
Each bottle of St Stefanus is signed by Jef Versele, the Master Brewer, and also features the release date, so consumers can choose the beer’s age and consume it at the preferred taste.
Original source: Company release
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends