UK: Miller Brands appoints sales director
Miller Brands UK - the marketing and distribution business of SABMiller plc for the UK - today announced the appointment of Nick Miller as sales director.
Launched in July 2005, Miller Brands UK went live this month. The company's portfolio is composed of Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Pilsner Urquell, Castle and Miller Genuine Draft.
The company has placed an initial investment of GBP30m (US$52m) over the next two years.
In a statement, Nick Miller said: "Miller Brands is a fantastic opportunity in sales to focus uniquely on the premium sector of the market. I'm thrilled to be part of the Miller Brands team, dedicated to delivering an excellent service to our customers, backed up with dynamic and innovative marketing campaigns for our brands. I look forward to being a part of Miller Brands, adding real value and excitement to the beer category. "
Physical distribution commenced in October 2005 when the company took over responsibility for Pilsner Urquell, Castle Lager and Peroni Nastro Azzurro (on-trade), importing directly from Italy, Czech Republic and South Africa. Miller Genuine Draft will follow in January 2006. The company is based at SABMiller House in Woking.
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
Rumours that SABMiller is poised to launch a bid for Empresarial Bavaria swept the trading floor yesterday (2 June)....
The Indian subsidiary of SABMiller, MBL Investments (Mysore), has acquired the Shaw Wallace Group's 50% interest in the brewing operations of SABMiller's Indian joint-venture....
The German-owned investment house, Deutsche Bank, has upgraded shares in the UK-based international brewing group, SABMiller, from "hold" to "buy", and raised its target for the shares from 830p to 95...
The CEO of SABMiller has hailed the brewer's full-year figures as "very pleasing" today (19 May)....
SABMiller has seen its share rating upgraded....
Fresh rumours surrounding a possible bid for Scottish & Newcastle saw the brewer's share price rise sharply yesterday (18 May) morning....
SABMiller has agreed to acquire the Slovakian brewer Topvar. Topvar is located in the city of Topoľčany in Western Slovakia and sold 569,000 hectolitres of beer in 2004....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018