INDIA: Miller and Kirin both eyeing UB stake
United Breweries (UB) Ltd has refused to comment on mounting speculation that US based Miller Brewing and Japan's leading beer producer Kirin Brewery are both reportedly interested in acquiring a minority stake in the company. In a report by the Indian press, UB said that most of the freshly received proposals were routed through merchant bankers, which made it impossible to confirm the names.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director