INDIA: Miller and Kirin both eyeing UB stake
United Breweries (UB) Ltd has refused to comment on mounting speculation that US based Miller Brewing and Japan's leading beer producer Kirin Brewery are both reportedly interested in acquiring a minority stake in the company. In a report by the Indian press, UB said that most of the freshly received proposals were routed through merchant bankers, which made it impossible to confirm the names.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director