US: Millennium acquires Belvedere trademark
Millennium Import has acquired the Belvedere trademarks, goodwill and domain name in the US.
The affiliate of Moët Hennessy and Polmos Zyrardow said today (2 July) that it has agreed with Belvedere Winery that Millennium and its affiliates will own the trademark in all major countries, including the US. Financial details of the purchase were not disclosed.
The agreement resolves the dispute about the Belvedere Vodka trademark and ceases litigation between Belvedere Winery and Millennium, the companies said.
Polish vodka distillery Polmos Zyrardow already owns the trademark throughout the rest of the world excluding the US, where, since 1996, Millennium had previously licensed the name from Belvedere Winery.
Central European Distribution Corporation has moved forwards with its acquisition of various production and distribution assets related to the parliament vodka brand in the Russian market and abroad....
Drinks Americas Holdings has posted a climb in second quarter net losses as the company hits the first anniversary of Trump Super Premium Vodka sales....
Drinks Americas Holdings has raised around US$3m from a private placement....
The new rules covering spirits in the European Union have come into effect this week, with the change being described by one trade body as "a good compromise"....
The Swedish government has begun the auction process for state-owned Vin & Sprit by contacting a wealth of interested bidders....
Pernod Ricard is not as close as some reports may suggest to sealing a deal to acquire vodka brand Stolichnaya....
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
The Swedish government has decided to sell Vin & Sprit by auction, with cash appearing to be the deciding factor....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research