US: Millennium acquires Belvedere trademark
Millennium Import has acquired the Belvedere trademarks, goodwill and domain name in the US.
The affiliate of Moët Hennessy and Polmos Zyrardow said today (2 July) that it has agreed with Belvedere Winery that Millennium and its affiliates will own the trademark in all major countries, including the US. Financial details of the purchase were not disclosed.
The agreement resolves the dispute about the Belvedere Vodka trademark and ceases litigation between Belvedere Winery and Millennium, the companies said.
Polish vodka distillery Polmos Zyrardow already owns the trademark throughout the rest of the world excluding the US, where, since 1996, Millennium had previously licensed the name from Belvedere Winery.
Central European Distribution Corporation has moved forwards with its acquisition of various production and distribution assets related to the parliament vodka brand in the Russian market and abroad....
Drinks Americas Holdings has posted a climb in second quarter net losses as the company hits the first anniversary of Trump Super Premium Vodka sales....
Drinks Americas Holdings has raised around US$3m from a private placement....
The new rules covering spirits in the European Union have come into effect this week, with the change being described by one trade body as "a good compromise"....
The Swedish government has begun the auction process for state-owned Vin & Sprit by contacting a wealth of interested bidders....
Pernod Ricard is not as close as some reports may suggest to sealing a deal to acquire vodka brand Stolichnaya....
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
The Swedish government has decided to sell Vin & Sprit by auction, with cash appearing to be the deciding factor....
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World