UK: Milk Marque Launches New Test Marketing Facility
In a first for the UK food industry, the Product Development Centre, in partnership with Tetra Pak, is offering clients bespoke test marketing facilities.
The facility will enable Tetra Pak to bring the latest packaging innovations to the food industry. From May, the Product Development Centre will be equipped with a Tetra Prisma aseptic 250ml filler capable of offering the industry short-run batches from "1 to 1 million" for the test marketing of new products. Other machines will become available subject to customer demand.
Paul Blackbeard, Dairy Director, Tetra Pak Ltd, said: "This new facility is extremely flexible with the potential to provide filling into the newest Tetra Pak formats as they become available. Customers who test market in this way will be able to make investment decisions secure in the knowledge of consumer reaction."
Roger Phillips, Sales and Marketing Manager at the Product Development Centre said: "We know from our customers that speed to market is vital. This new facility enables our customers to rapidly take new product concepts to market in their chosen pack formats."
The Product Development Centre provides new product development consultancy services to the food and drinks industry, from concept to launch. The resources include kitchens, test marketing plant for processing and filling and experienced food technologists with expertise in fresh, extended life and longlife products.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down