AUSTRALIA: Mildara Blass-Beringer to be World's No. 3 in $A2.56B deal
Foster's Brewing Group's Mildara Blass is to acquire premium US Producer Beringer Wines for a total of $A2.56b, creating the world's third largest wine group and the largest premium wine business.The acquisition, announced today, ends prolonged speculation about a major Australia-US wine companies merger and is likely to set off a series of further acquisitions and mergers as the world wine industry rationalises.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo writes down Shuijingfang value by GBP264m