AUSTRALIA: Mildara Blass-Beringer to be World's No. 3 in $A2.56B deal
Foster's Brewing Group's Mildara Blass is to acquire premium US Producer Beringer Wines for a total of $A2.56b, creating the world's third largest wine group and the largest premium wine business.The acquisition, announced today, ends prolonged speculation about a major Australia-US wine companies merger and is likely to set off a series of further acquisitions and mergers as the world wine industry rationalises.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down