Product Launch - US: Milagro Tequila's Unico
Click through to view Milagro Tequila's Unico
Milagro Tequila's Unico
Category - Spirits, Tequila, blended, 40% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide, in “extremely limited” quantities
Price - RRP of US$300 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - William Grant & Sons
Unico, which is produced in Jalisco, starts off as a micro-distilled silver Tequila, which is then blended with “proprietary proportions” of aged reserves and rested for 30 days. The liquid is filtered and oxygenated to “enhance the blend and remove its colour”. A total of 1,200 bottles will be made available.
Back in 2007, William Grant & Sons bought a 30% stake in Milagro, for an undisclosed sum.
The company was initially formed in 1997 by Mexican entrepreneurs Moises Guindi and Daniel Schneeweiss.
In his latest column, Ian Buxton profiles a new spirits distiller in the UK and considers what this could mean for the craft spirits category of the futue....
This month's sermon from Ian Buxton looks at the ongoing issue of polarisation in the overall spirits category. He starts and finishes with two quotes, from two wildly disparate sources....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research