US: Mike's Hard Lemonade gets behind beer, cider entry
Mike's Hard Lemonade has launched two new TV spots to support its entry into the beer and cider categories.
The “Never Not a Good Time” ads are now airing on cable stations, the Chicago-based company said today (23 May). They feature actor Martin Landau and rapper Coolio and carry the tagline “It's Never Not a Good Time for a Refreshing Mike's”.
“The goal of this year's campaign is to challenge consumers to think of Mike's for any and every drinking occasion," Mike's president Kevin Kotecki said.
This year, the flavoured malt beverage maker launched its first beer and cider brands, Mike's Authentic Shandy and Mike's Hard Smashed Apple Cider. It also unveiled Mike's Hard Lemonade Frozen, which put four flavours into freezable pouches.
The new ads are part of Mike's second campaign with agency Grey New York after last year's summer push.
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends