US: Mike's Hard Lemonade Co unveils smaller cans
The new packaging
Mike's Hard Lemonade Co has launched three of its beverages in eight-ounce cans as it seeks to take share from spirits and cocktails.
The US company rolled out Harder Lemonade, Harder Black Cherry Lemonade and Hard Smashed Apple Ale in the smaller can this month, it said today (17 June). The flavours are available in 12-packs and single serve.
The company said the eight-ounce cans, manufactured by Rexam, represent a “growth opportunity”. According to its own research, 52% of consumers who consume eight-ounce servings of Mike's Harder Lemonade say it is in place of a spirit or cocktail.
“This unique packaging option is another way that we are responding to the needs and wants of our customers who are increasingly looking for ways to incorporate their favourite drinks into their busy, on-the-go lives,” a spokesperson for Mike's said.
The cans are available at grocery, liquor and convenience channels in the US.
The alcoholic lemonade category increased in April with the launch of Carlsberg's Seth & Riley's Garage in Canada and Europe.
Carlsberg A/S - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
Synopsis Canadean's "Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Carlsberg A/S’s heavy reliance on the Russian beer market has come back to haunt CEO Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen. The risk associated with heavily investing in this market has blown back in the brewers' fac...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review