Mike Dolan becomes permanent CEO at Bacardi as PR chief steps down
Mike Dolan has been confirmed as Bacardi's permanent CEO
Bacardi has installed Mike Dolan as its permanent CEO after he was first appointed on an interim basis in May.
The privately-owned spirits and wine firm confirmed to just-drinks today that Dolan was handed the role on a permanent basis in November. The news was disclosed in a letter to shareholders, but not announced publicly.
“Mike Dolan has agreed to become the permanent CEO,” said Bacardi chairman Facundo Bacardi in the letter. “Having used his brief period of initiation in the interim CEO role to gain an even deeper insight into the company’s brands and its people, we are delighted that the confidence Mike gained in the company’s potential to succeed encouraged him to take on the role permanently.”
Dolan, the former head of global sports, fashion and media company IMG Worldwide, was appointed to the role on interim basis after the departure of Ed Shirley last year. Dolan has been on Bacardi's board since 2009.
just-drinks has also learnt that Bacardi's VP for corporate communications, Patricia Neal, has left the company. Neal, who had been with the company for 12 years and as communications VP since early-2005, stepped down in October. It is not immediately clear where she has moved to.
The company has no plans to replace her.
Yesterday, the Bermuda-based group appointed Dmitry Ivanov as its chief marketing officer with immediate effect.
Last year, Marco Ferrari left his post as CMO of SPI Group to lead Italian spirits and aperitif maker Montenegro Group. just-drinks spoke to him at the TFWA exhibition in Cannes in October to find out...
Four months into its new marketing structure and Bacardi hits the world with a new global campaign for its namesake brand. ...
William Grant & Sons' CEO, Stella David, is to leave the Glenfiddich owner after six years in the job....
Diageo's Indian spirits unit, United Spirits, has said it is reviewing its Smirnoff Ice strategy amid media reports it has halted production. ...
The use of social media for marketing purposes by drinks industry companies can be segmented into four distinct campaign types, according to a new market research report from just-drinks....
Luxury rum growth may have passed its peak as new figures forecast a severe slowdown over the next five years. ...
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits