US: Midwest Coke to open new sales centre
Midwest Coca-Cola Bottling Company is to officially open a new sales and distribution centre in Owatonna today (4 March). US senator Norm Coleman, US congressman Gil Gutknecht, Lt. governor Carol Molnau, state senator Dick Day and other state and local dignitaries will participate in the ceremony.
The new 57,500 square foot facility employs 100 people and will serve Southern Minnesota.
"Boasting the first Order Fulfillment System-designed site in Minnesota, the new delivery system will improve ergonomic safety and reduce the average time to load a full trailer to 24 minutes," a statement said.
The company added that, as the first new Coca-Cola facility built in Minnesota in over 30 years, the Owatonna centre is an example of Coca-Cola's commitment to grow in Minnesota.
In 2004, the company invested US$17m in a blow mould technology that allows for production of plastic bottles on site rather than purchase them from an out-of-state manufacturer.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated has declared a dividend for the fourth quarter of 2005 of US$0.25 per share on shares of the the North Carolina-based soft drinks company's common stock and cla...
The North Carolina-based soft drinks bottler, Coca-Cola Bottling Co., posted earnings for the second quarter of 2005 of US$11.5m, against US$10.6m in the second quarter of 2004....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. has declared a dividend for the third quarter of 2005 of US$.25 per share on shares of the company's common stock and class B common stock payable on August 26, 2005, to shareho...
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced that it has closed its debenture exchange offer....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced the expiration of the early participation period related to its offer to exchange new Senior Notes for debentures....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. has seen its Q1 net income plunge....
Anheuser-Busch is the latest US drinks company to be hit by industrial action....
Workers at Coca-Cola bottling and distribution facilities in Hartford, Connecticut and the Los Angeles area are on strike....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends