UK: Michelob Ultra sponsors London Marathon
Michelob ULTRA, the low-carbohydrate lager from Anheuser-Busch, has announced the brand will be the "Official Beer" sponsor of The Flora London Marathon in 2004 and 2005.
The sponsorship continues the brand's association with sporting events. Michelob ULTRA recently announced its title sponsorship of the Michelob ULTRA London Triathlon, the fastest growing triathlon in the world.
The Flora London Marathon will take place on Sunday 18th April 2004, with an anticipated 33,000 competitors from across the globe. Michelob ULTRA will have access to The Flora London Marathon marks for use on primary and secondary packaging, as well as on point-of-sale materials, advertising and marshal uniforms.
Randall Blackford, Anheuser-Busch's UK marketing director comments: "This is one of the biggest sporting events of the year, and we are delighted that Michelob ULTRA is the 'Official Beer' of The Flora London Marathon. Michelob ULTRA is a brand for people who lead or aspire to lead active lifestyles - and The Marathon is a fantastic opportunity to reach consumers who compete in the event, or enjoy watching along the route."
Michelob ULTRA will serve as exclusive alcohol beverage advertiser on The Flora London Marathon's website (www.london-marathon.co.uk), and in the official London Marathon magazine, which is published five times a year. The Michelob ULTRA logo also will appear on blankets distributed at the end of the race.
Michelob ULTRA will be served at The Flora London Marathon Exhibition, taking place between 14th and 17th April 2004 at ExCel, in London's Docklands. The event will provide an opportunity for the brand to sample more than 120,000 runners and supporters.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Alcohol intake amongst young female adults in the UK continues to rise and shows no signs of abating, according to a recent report....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
Anheuser-Busch has increased its economic interest in China's Tsingtao to 27% upon its conversion of all the remaining convertible bonds in Tsingtao....
Equity analyst Legg Mason has downgraded its rating of the US brewer Anheuser-Busch from "hold" to "sell" after the company issued a statement saying it expected sales below previous estimates....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future