US: MGD 64 to sponsor national triathlons
MillerCoors' beer brand MGD 64 is to sponsor three upcoming 2008 Life Time Fitness Triathlon Series Race Toyota Cup events in the US.
The Life Time Fitness Triathlon in Minneapolis on 12 July, the 22 August Accenture Chicago Triathlon and the 7 September Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Triathlon will all be sponsored by MGD 64 which is to be rolled out nationally in late August, the company said late last week
As the exclusive beer sponsor of the events, MGD 64 will participate in pre-race expos, provide product for various post-race events and hospitality areas, and contribute merchandise for participant race bags. Additionally, the Minneapolis and Chicago triathlons each will feature an MGD 64 "As Light As it Gets" beer garden.
"We are constantly looking for new opportunities to introduce consumers across the country to MGD 64," said Grant Leech, MGD marketing director. "These premier sporting events provide us with an excellent outlet for brand exposure to an audience that will definitely appreciate a beer that is as light as it gets."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Molson Coors CEO to retire