US: MGD 64 to sponsor national triathlons
MillerCoors' beer brand MGD 64 is to sponsor three upcoming 2008 Life Time Fitness Triathlon Series Race Toyota Cup events in the US.
The Life Time Fitness Triathlon in Minneapolis on 12 July, the 22 August Accenture Chicago Triathlon and the 7 September Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Triathlon will all be sponsored by MGD 64 which is to be rolled out nationally in late August, the company said late last week
As the exclusive beer sponsor of the events, MGD 64 will participate in pre-race expos, provide product for various post-race events and hospitality areas, and contribute merchandise for participant race bags. Additionally, the Minneapolis and Chicago triathlons each will feature an MGD 64 "As Light As it Gets" beer garden.
"We are constantly looking for new opportunities to introduce consumers across the country to MGD 64," said Grant Leech, MGD marketing director. "These premier sporting events provide us with an excellent outlet for brand exposure to an audience that will definitely appreciate a beer that is as light as it gets."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- Diageo to appeal Parrot Bay UK TV ad ban