TURKEY: Mey Içki takes another step to public listing
Turkish spirits group Mey Içki has filed a formal application for a listing on Turkey's stock exchange.
Mey Içki's US-based owner, private equity group TPG Capital, confirmed to just-drinks that the application for a 25% listing on the Istanbul stock exchange was filed yesterday (9 February). The group declined to comment further.
Mey Içki has been preparing an initial public offering since last year. In December, Diageo was reported to be in talks with TPG Capital over a potential US$2.5bn buyout of the Turkish spirits group. Both sides have, however, declined to comment on the speculation.
As of 2008, Mey Içki had 130m litres of alcoholic drinks production capacity and around 100 products in its portfolio in nine different categories.
This month, we welcome another regular commentator to the just-drinks fold. Augmenting our spirits coverage, Ian Buxton will be casting his eye over the brown side of the sector. To kick off, this mon...
Southern Wine & Spirits of America has announced a personnel addition for the eastern region of its North American Spirits & Wine Brokerage (NASW) division....
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- 'Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery'