NEW ZEALAND: Metcash Trading acquires Allied Liquor
The Australian grocery and drinks wholesaler, Metcash Trading, has acquired the liquor wholesaler, Allied Liquor, to become the largest liquor wholesaling operation in New Zealand. The Tasman Liquor Company, a subsidiary of Metcash's Australian Liquor Marketers division, acquired privately-owned Allied Liquor for an undisclosed sum, thought to be in the region of NZ$4m ($3.4m). The company said the addition of Allied Liquor would add NZ$40m to Tasman Liquor's turnover.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range