NEW ZEALAND: Metcash Trading acquires Allied Liquor
The Australian grocery and drinks wholesaler, Metcash Trading, has acquired the liquor wholesaler, Allied Liquor, to become the largest liquor wholesaling operation in New Zealand. The Tasman Liquor Company, a subsidiary of Metcash's Australian Liquor Marketers division, acquired privately-owned Allied Liquor for an undisclosed sum, thought to be in the region of NZ$4m ($3.4m). The company said the addition of Allied Liquor would add NZ$40m to Tasman Liquor's turnover.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits