GREECE: Metaxa focuses on new EU countries
Metaxa is looking to the new EU member states to boost its exports. The Greek brandy maker said yesterday (14 September) that the move is aimed to offset the decline in alcohol consumption in the mature European drinks market.
Metaxa saw its turnover in the fiscal year to 31 March dip to €30.6m (US$37.6m) from €31.2m a year earlier. Pre-tax profit edged up for the 12-month period to €9.3m from €8.6m. The Remy Cointreau-owned company said that it had a difficult start to the new financial year, although July and August saw significant sales rises.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Remy Cointreau has gone to holders of one of its bonds to gain permission to complete the sale of its stake in Bols....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
Alcohol intake amongst young female adults in the UK continues to rise and shows no signs of abating, according to a recent report....
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
Remy Cointreau has posted a slight rise in revenue growth for fiscal year 2005....
The Polish unit of Remy Cointreau has pulled out of the race for a majority stake in Polmos Bialystok....
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has revealed plans to enter into a strategic alliance with Remy Cointreau....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban