GERMANY: Messe Dusseldorf readies another 20% space increase for ProWein 2015
The organisers of the ProWein wine exhibition are planning to markedly increase the size of the event next year, as demand for stand space outstrips current availability.
Messe Düsseldorf confirmed to just-drinks earlier today (28 January) that, in 2015, the amount of space that will be given over to ProWein will rise by 20% on this year. In 2013, the exhibition covered 52,000 square metres, hosting just under 4,800 exhibitors. This year's event, which takes place between 23 and 25 March, will be the same size as last year.
“We have a waiting list for prospective exhibitors,” said Michael Degen, executive director of Messe Düsseldorf. “We want to maintain the structure of grouping each country's producers together: This is seen as a strength of ours.”
In 2013, the event was increased in size by 20% against the year before, with two extra halls brought into operation. Subsequently, the number of visitors increased by 10% year-on-year.
“It is important that the increase (in size) doesn't happen too fast,” Degen continued. “It's better to have a more organic step-change”.
This year marks the 20th anniversary of ProWein in Dusseldorf.
Click here for an exhibitors' map for ProWein 2014.
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends