UK: Merrydown may have found buyer
Merrydown has issued a statement regarding recent shifts in its share price. "The board of Merrydown confirms that it is currently in discussions which may or may not lead to an offer for the company," the statement said.
"These discussions are at an early stage and there is no certainty that a formal offer will result.
"Shareholders are recommended to take no action at this stage," the owner of Shloer adult soft drink and Merrydown cider brand concluded. "A further announcement will be made in due course."
The Merrydown board said it is being advised by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends