UK: Merrydown H1 losses cut thanks to cider
Merrydown has announced a cut in its first half losses with cider improving for the first time since 1998. Sales for the group increased by 17% to £9.68m from £8.29m for the same period last year.
Turnover for cider rose by 1% for the company, the first growth in five years.
Pre-tax loss for the first half was down to £75,000 from £428,000 for the same period last year.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends