UK: Merisant unveils campaign to push Pure Via launch
Meristant launched stevia-based Pure Via in the UK in December
Merisant has rolled out a marketing campaign to support the launch of its stevia-based sweetener Pure Via in the UK.
The US-based sweetener producer launched Pure Via in the UK in December following the approval of stevia by the European Commission in November. Pure Via had previously only been available in the US, France and a number of other European countries.
Meristant said today (20 January) that it is aiming for "a leadership position in the UK stevia-based sweetener market" within its first year. The marketing campaign to support the launch is part of a GBP4m (US$6.2m) investment in Pure Via for the UK market, the company said.
The campaign will comprise of a television advert, which will air for the first time today, print and online adverts and social media.
The television ad, below, will appear in ten- and 20-second clips on Sky1 at 0600GMT and will run across a number of TV channels, including ITV London, E4, and MTV, throughout January.
The marketing campaign will use the strapline: "Ditch the Calories, Keep the Taste".
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller