ITALY: Merger activity threatens SMEs
Small and medium-sized enterprises in the Italian wine trade may be hit by a round of mergers and acquisitions, according to a report released this week. The report, compiled by Deloitte Financial Advisory Services group, warns that the mergers and purchases can be expected in the near future.
The report, based on a survey of 48 Italian wine companies, was presented at the Vinitaly international wine trade fair currently being held in Verona.
The 48 companies represented around 30% of Italy's wine market in 2002.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends