ITALY: Merger activity threatens SMEs
Small and medium-sized enterprises in the Italian wine trade may be hit by a round of mergers and acquisitions, according to a report released this week. The report, compiled by Deloitte Financial Advisory Services group, warns that the mergers and purchases can be expected in the near future.
The report, based on a survey of 48 Italian wine companies, was presented at the Vinitaly international wine trade fair currently being held in Verona.
The 48 companies represented around 30% of Italy's wine market in 2002.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets