US: Mercer Estates appoints head winemaker
Jessica Munnell is the new head winemaker at Mercer Estates
Mercer Estates has appointed Jessica Munnell as head winemaker.
Munnell will take over from David Forsyth at the Washington state winery. Forsyth, who hads been with Mercer since 2005, will look to focus on his own wine label, Forsythe Brio, which he will continue to produce at the Mercer Estates winery in Prosser, the company said yesterday (18 April).
Before joining Mercer, Munnell produced wines at the Artifex Wine Company, a custom crush facility in Washington's Walla Walla wine region. In 2008, she started the winery Wautoma Springs Wines, also in Washington.
She has worked at wineries in the Columbia Valley and in South Australia during a 12-year career.
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World