USA: Mendocino Wines Break Records at Charity Wine Auction
"The Mendocino Wine Affair is unique in that it supports the region," said John Enquist, Executive Director of Mendocino Winegrowers Alliance. "This event is right in line with the rural elegance and charm for which Mendocino County is already famous and our charity, the Mendocino County Search and Rescue, is a volunteer group important to everyone in this area."
"The combination of great wines, fun-loving people and an incredible ambiance made for an exciting auction and is a great example of what it is that makes Mendocino so special," said Auctioneer David Reynolds.
The singular top lot of the day, urged up to $5,000 by Reynolds, was a Nine-Liter First Release from Zellerbach Winery. This inaugural release of John Parducci's Signature Series Bordeaux-style blend had the 600-plus auction attendees on their feet and applauding as the price inched up.
The call to "Fund A Need" for the Mendocino County Search and Rescue resulted in 67 separate bidders who raised their paddles to purchase a new all-terrain vehicle for the organization.
This year's event also featured several renowned chefs. Bruce Aidells celebrity chef and culinary author participated along with Mendocino County chefs Marc Dym of Stevenswood Lodge and Alan Kantor of MacCallum House Restaurant.
The Mendocino Wine Affair began with a "Barrel Tasting and Salmon Dinner Kick-Off Party" at the historic Parducci Wine Cellars. For more information on The Mendocino Wine Affair... Real Farmers, Big City Flavors, scheduled for 2001 contact the Mendocino Winegrower's Alliance at 707-468-9886 or visit their Internet site at www.mendowine.com.
Jim Beam bourbon has become the latest high profile spirits brand in the US to challenge a faltering voluntary ban on TV advertising. David Robertson asks how long it will be before the major networks...
Rising costs have seen Redhook Ale Brewery report a third quarter net loss of US$170,000, compared to a net income of US$312,000 in the same period last year....
Molson Coors Brewing Company has reported a fall in third quarter after-tax income as it continued to faced problems in the UK and Brazil....
Wild Turkey is launching a new premium bourbon developed exclusively for DFS....
Brown-Forman is to acquire the whole of Australian distributor Swift and Moore Pty Limited. The US wine and spirits group already owns 50% of the business with Pernod Ricard holding the other 50% foll...
Laphroaig has launched what it believes to be the world's first and only quarter cask matured single malt, for its Laphroaig Single Malt Scotch Whisky brand....
Jim Beam has launched its first-ever national television campaign....
The Jim Beam Company has launched an interactive, on-line educational Web site for enthusiasts, retailers, distributors and bartenders....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review