Product Launch - US: Mendocino Wine Co's Moniker range
Click through to view Mendocino Wine Co's Moniker range
Mendocino Wine Co's Moniker range
Category - Wine, California
Available - Since January
Location - US, available to both on- and off-trade in AZ, CA, CO, CT, IL, IN, MA, MI, NJ, NY, OR, TX and WA
Price - SRP of US$30 for 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon and 2012 Pinot Noir, $23 for 2012 Chardonnay, all per 75cl bottle
Mendocino Wine Co has lined up the launch of a range of three Californian wines under the brand name Moniker. The portfolio comprises a Chardonnay, a Pinot Noir and a Cabernet Sauvignon.
All three are sourced from the Mendocino County Appellation.
The privately-owned north Californian company was formed in 2004 and also owns Parducci Wine Cellars. Last year, it teamed up with author EL James to launch two wines based on the Fifty Shades of Grey novels.
Mendocino Wine Company, owned by the Thornhill family and based in Mendocino, California, has announced the release of Moniker, a new line of premium wines that includes Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Cabernet Sauvignon.
The name Moniker and the triangle logo were chosen to pay tribute to the three generations of Thornhills who brought this wine to fruition. "My family created Moniker from the ground up," states Chase Thornhill, senior brand manager for Mendocino Wine Co. "We started by putting exceptional wine in the bottle, and continued with a world-class package design. Our family is committed to bringing these wines to fine wine shops and restaurants across the US."
Moniker wines are sourced exclusively from the Mendocino County Appellation, including the Thornhill family's estate, La Ribera Vineyards, a pristine vineyard located on the Russian River, and premium vineyards located in Anderson, Potter and Redwood Valleys. The wine style is bold and rich; the Chardonnay is aged sur lies, the Pinot Noir is delicate but expressive, and the Cabernet is dominance refined.
"I'm proud that I had a hand in producing the Moniker wines," says Winemaker Mark Beaman. "We created them with the idea of crafting the highest-quality wines possible." Priced in the $20-$25 category, Moniker's elegant iron-gray label and gold triangle logo were well-received by a nationwide quantitative study against successful brands in the same category.
"Our family has created a legacy in Mendocino County," says Tom Thornhill, proprietor of Mendocino Wine Co. "Three generations of Thornhills share a passion for crafting exceptionally bold and rich wines with a philosophy to leave things better than we find them; this includes doing what is right for the land as well as for the employees and community that work alongside us. Moniker represents this legacy."
Original source: Company Release
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research