USA: Mendocino Wine Affair to Showcase the Region
"The Mendocino Wine Affair, formerly our auction and barbecue, will showcase the best of our region combined with the rural elegance and charm for which Mendocino is already famous," said John Enquist, Executive Director of Mendocino Winegrowers Alliance. "We are looking forward to having a lot of fun while raising money for our charity. The Mendocino County Search and Rescue is a volunteer group important to everyone in this area."
Auctioneer David Reynolds, who has been involved in the wine business for more than 20 years and now appears at many of the largest not-for-profit events across the United States, will bring his humor, wit and energy to The Mendocino Wine Affair and entertain while helping to sell more than 35 rare lots such as:
- Anderson Valley Regional Barrel -- A 30-gallon barrel of Anderson Valley Pinot Noir.
- Big Redwood Valley Zin -- 3 liter bottle collection of Redwood Valley Zinfandel.
- Steele Etched and Hand-Painted Six Liter -- 1997 Steele DuPratt Vineyard Zinfandel Mendocino Ridge.
- McDowell Estate Syrah Then-and-Now -- Five-case vertical for every vintage since 1997 and into the future through vintage 2001 plus an invitation to McDowell Valley Vineyards' twenty-year Syrah
- Mendocino County Fly-Over Tour Parducci-style -- with guest house accommodations and an exotic winemaker dinner with Parducci winemakers Bob Swain and Dennis Patton.
- Blend your Own Barrel of Hidden Cellars -- Blend your own private barrel (20 cases) with Hidden Cellars' winemaker Dennis Patton, includes a private winemaker dinner for four and a guest house stay.
- Blend your Own Jepson Brandy -- From brandy lots up to 17 years old, totals a case of brandy plus an autographed five-liter oak keg
- Stay Organic with Bonterra -- A night at The Mendocino Hotel including dinner for two at the fourth annual Organic Winemaker Dinner featuring Bonterra Vineyards.
This year's event will also feature several renowned chefs. Bruce Aidells celebrity chef and culinary author will participate along with Mendocino County chefs Marc Dym of Stevenswood Lodge and Alan Kantor of MacCallum House Inn.
The Mendocino Wine Affair weekend will begin with a "Barrel Tasting and Salmon Dinner Kick-Off Party" on Friday June 2, 2000 at the historic Parducci Wine Cellars. Tickets for the Friday night event are $25.00 per person. The main event, The Mendocino Wine Affair... Real Farmers, Big City Flavors, is scheduled for Saturday, June 3, 2000 from 2:00pm to 11:00pm at the Fetzer Valley Oaks Ranch Visitor's Center in Hopland, California. Tickets for the Saturday main event are $65.00 per person. To purchase tickets and for more information, contact the Mendocino Winegrower's Alliance at 707-468-9886 or visit their Internet site at www.mendowine.com.
Jim Beam bourbon has become the latest high profile spirits brand in the US to challenge a faltering voluntary ban on TV advertising. David Robertson asks how long it will be before the major networks...
Rising costs have seen Redhook Ale Brewery report a third quarter net loss of US$170,000, compared to a net income of US$312,000 in the same period last year....
Molson Coors Brewing Company has reported a fall in third quarter after-tax income as it continued to faced problems in the UK and Brazil....
Wild Turkey is launching a new premium bourbon developed exclusively for DFS....
Brown-Forman is to acquire the whole of Australian distributor Swift and Moore Pty Limited. The US wine and spirits group already owns 50% of the business with Pernod Ricard holding the other 50% foll...
Laphroaig has launched what it believes to be the world's first and only quarter cask matured single malt, for its Laphroaig Single Malt Scotch Whisky brand....
Jim Beam has launched its first-ever national television campaign....
The Jim Beam Company has launched an interactive, on-line educational Web site for enthusiasts, retailers, distributors and bartenders....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk