US: Mendis lines up coconut brandy for US
The US is about to take delivery of the world's first clear "ultra-premium" coconut brandy.
Mendis International confirmed yesterday (13 March) that Mendis Coconut Brandy will be available in the US on pre-launch from this month. The brandy is distilled from the essence of the coconut flower in pot stills and matured for a minimum of two years in Hamilla wood casks.
"Mendis coconut brandy will give consumers exactly what they are looking for - 100% natural flavour in a clear mixable form. Just as Grey Goose shook-up the vodka market, so will Mendis for brandy," said Chris Richardson, president and CEO of Mendis International.
Mendis International said it will back the pre-launch with a Web promotion, which will run from next week. Mendis will have street-level marketing campaigns focused in the New York City area.
The brandy will be available on general release in the country from the autumn in 750ml bottles.
Castle Brands has teamed up with Britvic in the Republic of Ireland to distribute its flagship spirit, Boru Vodka....
Perfect Renaissance, the Israeli manufacturer of Vodka Perfect, is expanding its business and, for the first time, will export its kosher vodka to France....
Diageo has detailed plans to invest in its leading brands, including Smirnoff, Baileys, Bell's, Bushmills and Guinness, in the build-up to Christmas in the UK....
Russian Standard Vodka is taking one of its vodka brands to India....
Blavod Extreme Spirits is planning to sell its US subsidiary to its CEO....
United Spirits is mulling an expansion of its vodka offering in its home market, according to reports....
Castle Brands plans to extend the recent packaging revamp for its Boru vodka brand to the UK in September....
Pernod Ricard's chief executive Pierre Pringuet has attended meetings with politicians on a recent trip to Sweden, suggesting that the French company remains interested in buying its rival Vin & Sprit...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research