US: Meffre sets up US office
French wine group Gabriel Meffre has announced that it has set up a US operation, headquartered in New Jersey.
The US operation is to be headed up by Lionel de Ravel, who has been named as
US national director of Gabriel Meffre America with immediate effect.
Bertrand Bonnet, Meffre's president and CEO, said: "We are extremely excited about launching our newest venture in the United States, and with the appointment of Lionel de Ravel as our national director, we have a seasoned and experienced US sales and marketing representative who will introduce our fine wine portfolio to both our current and prospective distributor partners and customers across the US."
The US operation, located in Princeton, will market many of the estate-bottled AOC and regional wines in the Meffre portfolio, the company added.
While it is based in the Rhone region, Meffre markets wines from all over France, and exports to some 40 countries. Once owned by Allied Domecq, the company was acquired by its management team, led by Bonnet, in 1997.
France's parliament has finalised a new wine and spirits tax that will add around EUR0.7 to a bottle of wine and increase spirits prices by 23%....
Pernod Ricard has replaced the 14-year-old version of its Scapa Scotch whisky brand with a 16-year-old variant....
Wine union Vignerons des Côtes du Rhône, best known for its Cellier des Dauphins brand, is to merge with its smaller counterpart, Vignerons de l'Enclave des Papes....
The president and CEO of Beam Global Spirits & Wine is leaving the company....
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller