MEXICO: MD switch at Beam’s Sauza Mexico
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has announced a change of MD at its Sauza Mexico subsidiary.
Hector Hernandez has been lined up to replace Andy Consuegra as managing director from 2 May. Consuegra is stepping down for personal reasons, the company said.
Hernandez, who spent 12 years working at Allied Domecq, will report directly to Jim Clerkin, president of Beam Global Spirits & Wine North America. His most recent position has been as marketing director for Beiersdorf Corporativo, a German producer and distributor of cosmetic, dermatologic and medicinal supplies.
"I'm very excited to be back in the spirits industry, said Hernandez. "I am committed to leveraging the growth potential I believe still exists for Sauza and our other global brands."
"I would like to thank Andy for his steadfast commitment to the success of our Mexico commercial operations," said Clerkin. "During the course of his tenure in Mexico, Andy has served the company admirably and with great distinction. We wish him luck in his next venture."
Consuegra will remain with Sauza until June, allowing an overlap to ensure a smooth transition, the company said. He is said to be exploring a number of options and opportunities elsewhere within Beam.
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
The Indian spirits sector has undoubted growth potential, on the back of a growing economy, an expanding middle class and rising disposable income but international companies face many obstacles as th...
Pernod Ricard has posted a strong rise in profit for its last fiscal year....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has plans to roll out two new versions of its premium Sauza Hornitos brand, according to reports....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has lined up an apple liqueur in the US for its DeKuyper brand....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched its Maker's Mark Bourbon brand in India....
A team of senior executives from Fortune Brands visited Sweden last week to discuss the possible sale of Vin & Sprit....
The marketing director of PepsiCo UK's juice brands has left the unit....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- ForEx bites, but Heineken hails strong 2016
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends