AUS: MD of Treasury Wine Estates' Beringer unit quits
The company said it expects to appoint a successor "within weeks"
The managing director of Treasury Wine Estates' Beringer unit, Stephen Brauer, is leaving the company to pursue "external opportunities".
The company confirmed on Friday (6 July) that Brauer is stepping down, while an announcement on a replacement is expected "within weeks". Brauer has headed up both Treasury's Beringer Brand Business Unit and its Americas region since joining the firm in 2009.
Treasury Wine Estates said in a statement that it "remains committed to profitable growth and the global development of Beringer alongside other regional brand champions, including Chateau St Jean, Stags’ Leap, Etude and Be".
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2012....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2012....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends