McWilliam's Wines follows E&J Gallo exit with Jeff McWilliam CEO move
McWilliam's started its tie-up with E&J Gallo 15 years ago
McWilliam's Wines has followed its return to family control with the appointment of chairman Jeff McWilliam as its CEO.
The Australian winemaker said earlier this week that Jeff McWilliam is set to assume the position. Mr McWilliam replaces Rob Blackwell, who resigned earlier this year having completed a five-year restructuring of the company's portfolio from 23 to six brands, including the sale of the Brand's Laira winery to Casella Family Brands late last year.
McWilliam's total SKUs were slashed from 1,100 products to around 300 over the period.
The posting of a family member to CEO comes after McWilliam's returned to full family ownership late in 2014, buying back E&J Gallo Winery's shareholding. The two companies had worked together since 2001.
Earlier this month, McWilliam's announced it had received government funding to relocate its warehouse, bottling line and distribution facility to its home of Hanwood in the central Riverina wine region, creating nearly 100 jobs.
McWilliam's is yet to decide on its new chairman, with the role to be filled by Jeff McWilliam in a dual capacity for the time being.
E&J Gallo will launch its first Prosecco brand in the UK market as it looks to offer a wine for "everyday special occasions". ...
Canadean's "E. & J. Gallo Winery: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
E&J Gallo has released a limited edition extension of its Apothic wine brand in the US....
E&J Gallo has been involved in the process of changing its company image from one that produced inexpensive wines to one with a higher price range through acquisitions of premium brands and distributi...
E&J Gallo has signed a sponsorship deal with Crystal Palace, which sees its New Amsterdam Vodka become an official partner of the football club. ...
The 2016 acquisition of Orin Swift Cellars highlighted key elements of E&J Gallo’s development strategy. This profile analyses the company’s efforts to move its offer upmarket and enhance its focus on...
E&J Gallo, the world’s largest vintner, is working to develop a presence in spirits, most notably through the dynamic expansion of New Amsterdam vodka....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends