UK: McMillan switches Berry Bros & Rudd for The Wine Society
The Wine Society has concluded its search for a permanent chief executive.
The UK-based wine merchant, which saw previous CEO Oliver Johnson stand down last year, confirmed today (17 January) that Robin McMillan will take up the post in May. McMillan joins The Wine Society from Berry Bros & Rudd, where he has been chief operating officer and a board member since 2006.
Having joined BB&R in 1994, he has held a variety of posts covering retail, sales, operations, customer service, international business development, HR and logistics.
“Robin joins us at a very important time for The Society,” said company chairman Sarah Evans. “Last year, we were voted International Wine Challenge 'Merchant of the Year'. But, with a tough economic environment and fierce competition, there is much to do to ensure that The Society remains at the forefront of the industry.”
Johnson, who left the merchant in August, moved “to take various non-executive roles out of the drinks trade,” a spokesperson for the company told just-drinks earlier today. Since his departure, the head of finance at the Society, Richard Shorrocks, has assumed the role on a temporary basis.
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World