AUSTRALIA: McGuigan Wines sets out alone after fruitless partner search
Brian McGuigan Wines is planning to build a new winery in South Australia, following an unsuccessful search for an acquisition.Managing director, Brian McGuigan said today he hoped that the winery would be operative by the 2002 vintage.Commenting after announcing the $A22m, 800-acre vineyard development in the Barossa Valley, McGuigan said that the winery would be in a central position with ready access to supplies and port facilities and easy access to New South Wales where the company is headquartered.McGuigan said the new Barossa Valley vineyard, on what is now farmland, would be developed in 2001.It was being investor-financed with McGuigan Wines developing and managing it. About 300,000 cases are expected to be produced from fruit grown on the property.McGuigan Wines is also developing a 200-acre vineyard in the Adelaide Hills, mainly planted with Sauvignon Blanc, and is about to add a further 500 acres to its 650-acre vineyard at Kingston, in South Australia's Riverland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research