AUSTRALIA: McGuigan Wines sets out alone after fruitless partner search
Brian McGuigan Wines is planning to build a new winery in South Australia, following an unsuccessful search for an acquisition.Managing director, Brian McGuigan said today he hoped that the winery would be operative by the 2002 vintage.Commenting after announcing the $A22m, 800-acre vineyard development in the Barossa Valley, McGuigan said that the winery would be in a central position with ready access to supplies and port facilities and easy access to New South Wales where the company is headquartered.McGuigan said the new Barossa Valley vineyard, on what is now farmland, would be developed in 2001.It was being investor-financed with McGuigan Wines developing and managing it. About 300,000 cases are expected to be produced from fruit grown on the property.McGuigan Wines is also developing a 200-acre vineyard in the Adelaide Hills, mainly planted with Sauvignon Blanc, and is about to add a further 500 acres to its 650-acre vineyard at Kingston, in South Australia's Riverland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends