AUSTRALIA: McGuigan Simeon acquires UK distributor
The company will use the acquisition to see that all its wines go through the same distributor, following the merger last year's merger of the branded producer Brian McGuigan Wines and bulk wine maker Simeon Wines.
The move is consistent with McGuigan Simeon Wines' strategy in most of its markets to take an equity stake in its distributors.
McGuigan Simeon Wines managing director Brian McGuigan said: "The real benefit is that we get a constant approach and have all our wines in one house."
The deal is for £200,000 ($A488,000) and 317,000 McGuigan shares. McGuigan has also acquired a 5% stake in Vinoceros UK and an option to secure another 5%.
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory