AUS/UK: McGuigan signs WaverleyTBS as distributor
McGuigan Simeon Wines has revealed its new UK distributor will be the largest in the country, WaverleyTBS.
The Australian wine group announced its deal with Scottish & Newcastle's UK wine and spirits subsidiary today (21 December).
The agreement came after McGuigan and its former UK distributor Vinoceros decided to part ways after a 14-year relationship.
McGuigan is looking to bolster its presence across the UK, particularly in the on-trade and independent off-trade outlets. The deal will see WaverleyTBS handle a McGuigan portfolio that includes the McGuigan Black Label and Tempus Two ranges.
McGuigan has enjoyed rising exports to the UK, which is helping to ease domestic problems brought on by Australia's wine glut. In fact, the company sees the UK as the strongest market for its branded portfolio.
CEO Dane Hudson said: "The UK is a challenging market, but we are determined to continue on the growth curve seen over the last two years. This new partnership is an important step in making that happen."
Jeff Jamet, WaverleyTBS managing director, said: "Not only does this deal expand our wine portfolio for our customers it also enriches our offer and gives us a platform for growth into new trade channels. It is a genuine win-win deal for both of us."
Mr Hudson added that WaverleyTBS would continue to distribute the McGuigan Black Label range to independent UK outlets only, a strategy McGuigan began 14 years ago when it signed up with Vinoceros.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research