AUS/UK: McGuigan extends Classic Grey Label wine range
Australian wine producer McGuigan has added two variants to its Classic Grey Label range in the UK.
The company said today (9 June) that both Pinot Grigio and Cabernet Sauvignon versions of the brand will be available through Tesco with a recommended retail price from GBP6.99 (US$11.34).
Developed specifically for the UK market, the Classic Grey Label range also features Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot and Shiraz, with the portfolio available through UK retailers including Tesco, Sainsbury's, Co-op and Majestic.
In a move to "over-deliver on quality and to add greater complexity", each wine in the range includes 25% premium 'dry-grown' fruit, the company said.
Last summer, McGuigan opened a temporary vineyard in the heart of London, located near Liverpool Street Station.
As administrators plough through offers for collapsed First Quench Retailing, a sales rise from Majestic Wine today (16 November) proves that there is life yet in independent and specialist wine retai...
Recession has been the final straw for First Quench Retailing, owner of Threshers wine stores, but company accounts show the business has been struggling for some time amid a turbulent period for the ...
Les Domaines Paul Mas' Estate Single Vineyard Collection...
Majestic Wine, the UK wine retailer, has declined to comment on a report that it faces a lawsuit from a wine critic in the UK....
Majestic Wine, the UK retailer, has posted a 9% rise in half-year profits and said it was "pleased" with the company's trading performance so far this year....
Viñalba's Selección Torrontés...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Majestic Wine, the UK retailer, has halved its minimum purchase requirement from 12 bottles to six as it looks to maintain sales in the recession....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report