INDIA: McDowell unveils plans for B2C e-business
McDowell, India's leading beverage company, has unveiled plans for major marketing initiatives on the internet, and is expected to launch a B2C business for its premium liquor brands.In a recent interview Anant Iyer, vice president franchise and marketing services, said: "Our net intitiatives are to be India-centric and city specific. Our plan is to launch net campaigns for all the premium brands of McDowell one after another. Our on-line marketing budget will be significant but cost effective."The company has recently relaunched its website with the aim of generating a high brand recall amongst the internet audience. The revamped site, www.mcdowellindia.com, will have interactive features and corporate details.Iyer also said the company was almost ready with an e-tailing section for the site. "The business model is ready, but we still have some issues to be sorted, especially in the excise front. Our e-shop will have selected premium brands and payment will initially be off-line," he said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018