INDIA: McDowell unveils plans for B2C e-business
McDowell, India's leading beverage company, has unveiled plans for major marketing initiatives on the internet, and is expected to launch a B2C business for its premium liquor brands.In a recent interview Anant Iyer, vice president franchise and marketing services, said: "Our net intitiatives are to be India-centric and city specific. Our plan is to launch net campaigns for all the premium brands of McDowell one after another. Our on-line marketing budget will be significant but cost effective."The company has recently relaunched its website with the aim of generating a high brand recall amongst the internet audience. The revamped site, www.mcdowellindia.com, will have interactive features and corporate details.Iyer also said the company was almost ready with an e-tailing section for the site. "The business model is ready, but we still have some issues to be sorted, especially in the excise front. Our e-shop will have selected premium brands and payment will initially be off-line," he said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q1
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Cognac FY sales slide as China troubles bite