INDIA: McDowell unveils plans for B2C e-business
McDowell, India's leading beverage company, has unveiled plans for major marketing initiatives on the internet, and is expected to launch a B2C business for its premium liquor brands.In a recent interview Anant Iyer, vice president franchise and marketing services, said: "Our net intitiatives are to be India-centric and city specific. Our plan is to launch net campaigns for all the premium brands of McDowell one after another. Our on-line marketing budget will be significant but cost effective."The company has recently relaunched its website with the aim of generating a high brand recall amongst the internet audience. The revamped site, www.mcdowellindia.com, will have interactive features and corporate details.Iyer also said the company was almost ready with an e-tailing section for the site. "The business model is ready, but we still have some issues to be sorted, especially in the excise front. Our e-shop will have selected premium brands and payment will initially be off-line," he said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends