INDIA: McDowell unveils plans for B2C e-business
McDowell, India's leading beverage company, has unveiled plans for major marketing initiatives on the internet, and is expected to launch a B2C business for its premium liquor brands.In a recent interview Anant Iyer, vice president franchise and marketing services, said: "Our net intitiatives are to be India-centric and city specific. Our plan is to launch net campaigns for all the premium brands of McDowell one after another. Our on-line marketing budget will be significant but cost effective."The company has recently relaunched its website with the aim of generating a high brand recall amongst the internet audience. The revamped site, www.mcdowellindia.com, will have interactive features and corporate details.Iyer also said the company was almost ready with an e-tailing section for the site. "The business model is ready, but we still have some issues to be sorted, especially in the excise front. Our e-shop will have selected premium brands and payment will initially be off-line," he said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Kirin lines up cans for Little Creatures beer
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends