INDIA: McDowell unveils plans for B2C e-business
McDowell, India's leading beverage company, has unveiled plans for major marketing initiatives on the internet, and is expected to launch a B2C business for its premium liquor brands.In a recent interview Anant Iyer, vice president franchise and marketing services, said: "Our net intitiatives are to be India-centric and city specific. Our plan is to launch net campaigns for all the premium brands of McDowell one after another. Our on-line marketing budget will be significant but cost effective."The company has recently relaunched its website with the aim of generating a high brand recall amongst the internet audience. The revamped site, www.mcdowellindia.com, will have interactive features and corporate details.Iyer also said the company was almost ready with an e-tailing section for the site. "The business model is ready, but we still have some issues to be sorted, especially in the excise front. Our e-shop will have selected premium brands and payment will initially be off-line," he said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends