US: McDonald's 'testing' beverage options
McDonald's has responded to claims that it is in the process of expanding its beverage range across the US.
Speaking to just-drinks on Friday (19 October), a spokesperson for MacDonald's confirmed that it was testing a variety of drinks options, but that it was "far too early however to speculate about test results or specific product offerings".
The news follows recent press speculation that the fast food chain was in the decision-making process of extending its beverage offerings, from coffee and bottled sodas to smoothies and sweet tea.
The spokesperson added: "We know that customer tastes and preferences for beverages continue to evolve. To meet the changing needs of our valued customers, we're testing a variety of beverage options."
When asked about the variations that were being considered as part of the new range, the spokesperson replied: "No final decisions have been made." The spokesperson declined to give a time frame for when any decision would be unveiled.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future